Here is a pic of a Fabric Brooch I made as part of a swap. The swap was a 2-part swap. Part 1 required the swappers to send in six 4 x 4 inch pieces of assorted fabric. These were swapped and they each got back six different pieces not including any of their own.
Part 2 was to make a brooch using all six pieces of fabric which were again randomly swapped ! Quite a challenge really but very interesting and the quality of the workmanship and variety of designs which emerged was fantastic.
Anyway I had the idea that I would use my sewing machine to produce the basic brooch design because I had also bought a load (10 reels) of Guttermann threads to do just this, so I got out the beast to find that I had lost the foot control somewhere. I searched high and low but failed to locate it......... how annoying !! I ended up having to stitch the bits together by hand hence the rather untidy look to the stitches. However, it did the job.