Sunday, February 21, 2010

'Rolling Recipe' Tag 5

Here is the 5th tag in the UK Stampers challenge series entitled 'Rolling Recipe'. This weeks recipe was:

  1. The Colour Red
  2. Text
  3. A Stamped heart

I started with a plain white base card cut to tag shape and size. I then applied Impress poppy red dye ink direct to the card. I then stamped a text stamp from the Da Vinci plate by Cherry Pie in fired brick Distress ink at the top and down the left side.

Next I inked a text heart stamp from Invoke Arts with Versamark and heat embossed this with lilac embossing powder. Another solid heart from the same plate was inked with dusty concord Distress Ink and stamped below it giving a mottled look. This was then heat embossed with detail clear EP. The text heart stamp was then inked again with Brilliance rocket red ink and stamped over the solid heart and randomly in the lower half of the tag.

I then used more dusty concord Distress ink applied with cut'n'dry foam to colour as shown.

The rub-on letters were applied to spell 'Hot'. A purple heart eyelet was applied with the cropodile and a length of ladder yarn tied through the hole to finish.

I especially liked the background which looks more pink but, believe me, is quite red !

Sid xx

Pin It

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hearty Valentines Card

Happy Valentines Day !!

Here is one of the cards I made for Valentines Day this year. I wanted to make a card using opulent colours so I chose black, red & gold. I started with some black opalescent cardstock cut and folded on a score board to A6 size.

Once again I have used a single damask heart stamp from Elusive Images which was inked with versafine ink and stamped four times down the right hand side of the front of the card. I have reversed the stamp so as to interlock the stamp. These hearts were then heat embossed with gold embossing powder using the heat gun.

Next I positioned a piece of double sided tape on the left from top to bottom and used this to adhere two strips of luscious red narrow velvet ribbon as shown.

The heart embellishment was stamped onto gold mirri card with Versamark and this time heat embossed with red embossing powder. This heart was trimmed out, embellished with a piece of the same velvet ribbon and a gold swirly clip before applying foam pads and placing as shown.

Sid xx

Pin It

Kung Hei Fat Choy ! 2010

Just to wish everyone 'Kung Hei Fat Choy' for the Chinese New Year 2010 - The Year of the Tiger.

Health, Wealth & Happiness to you all.

Sid xx

Pin It

Saturday, February 13, 2010

'Rolling Recipe' Tag 4

This is the fourth tag in the challenge series, recipe for this one is:

  1. A stamped floral image
  2. Text
  3. The colour red

I started by stamping a wood mounted floral stamp from Elusive Images with Versamark ink onto white cardstock. This was then heat embossed with detail black embossing powder. The embossd image was next coloured with a waterbrush and Caran D'Ache water soluble crayons before trimming out with fine scissors.

The base tag was cut to size and a piece of Japanese text applied to the top half with glue stick. The lower half was covered in a piece of torn red striped paper.

Peeled paint distress ink was applied in rough stripes on the text paper at the top and blazing red Stazon was applied on the red paper direct from the inkpad. Some green hand made paper was cut into strips with a pair of deckle edge scissors and two strips were applied as shown.
Next another swirl stamp (Elusive Images) was inked with blazing red Stazon and this was stamped at the top and on the red paper at the bottom.

Finally the flower image was stuck in place with glue stick and the word 'Bloom' (Elusive Images)stamped roughly in onyz black Versafine at the bottom.

Sid xx

Pin It

Sunday, February 07, 2010

'Rolling Recipe' Tag 3

This is the third tag in the 'Rolling Recipe' series. This weeks had to have a stamped floral image, text and buttons.

Because it's so close to Valentines Day I decided to do a rather different Valentine Tag ........... all greens instead of the usual reds and pinks. All stamps are from Elusive Images.

The card base is white coated card and I have applied layers of Distress inks in shabby shutters, peeled paint and pine needles with a blending tool & cut'n'dry foam. I have then stamped some of the flourishes with the stamp moistened with just a spritz of water from a mini mister. This has almost had a bleached effect on the background colours (see below). Other flourishes were stamped with peeled paint Distress Ink until the effect was to my liking.

The heart was stamped on moss green card with black Stazon and then the design gone over with a Quickie Glue Pen and allowed to dry before applying green and gold transfer foils over the top. This was trimmed with scissors and mounted on foam pads as shown.

The word 'Love' was stamped twice with onyx black Versafine ink as shown.

Five lime green plastic buttons, graduating in size were stamped with the centre of a daisy stamp in olive green Stazon before sticking in place with Glossy Accents at the base of the tag. The holes were filled with sage Appli Glue.

Finishing touches were to add a lime flower eyelet with the crop-a-dile and a length of dark green eyelash yarn tied in a knot through the eyelet.

Sid xx

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...