Saturday, July 26, 2014

Growth ........

Still gorgeous weather here today, will be going out for some lunch later to make the most of it whilst it lasts.  Hope you are all enjoying the weather too !

 This clean & simple card was made with a 4.5 x4.5 inch white card blank.  I have used swooshes of inks in yellow, blue and lime green applied direct from the pads as a base.

I then used some inchie stamps of flowers which were lined up and inked with Archival black ink.  These were stamped over the colours.

The card was finished with a sentiment from PaperArtsy stamped again in Archival black.

This card fits the bill for entry into the Less is More challenge blog for week 182 whose theme is 'Anything Goes'.

Sid xx

Pin It

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Walk Like an Egyptian

Still lovely and warm here !  Here are a trio of ATC's I have made as part of a monthly swap being run over on UK Stampers Forum.  This months theme is 'Walk Like an Egyptian' and here is my interpretation.

I cut 3 chipboard blanks measuring 2.5 x 3.5 inches which I covered with some printed paper as the base.

The stamps I have used are from Tanda and had never been used before even though I have had them years.  The top eagle was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with detail gold embossing powder.  The lower images of Egyptian figures were stamped in Archival black.

I then used metallic pencils and Posca pens to colour the figures as shown.  The letters are self adhesive.  Each ATC was edged in dusty concord Distress ink to finish.

The themes each month going forward are all song titles and I really enjoyed airing my unused stamps on these why not join us and enter ....... it's free and fun !

Sid xx

Pin It

Thursday, July 17, 2014

... Are Red


Another week another challenge as they say !  Beautiful weather  today with a heatwave forecast for the weekend too.

This card was made from a 4.5 x 4.5 inch  square white card blank.  I have stamped the outline rose (Anitas) in archival black ink.

I then used my finger to apply Distress inks in fired brick, barn door, peeled paint & pine needles directly to fill the whitespace.  I wanted my print to show so I only did a small amount of finger stamping.  Fingerprints on cards are normally taboo but outside the lines is ok too !! 

I then got out my trusty Dymo and on black tape embossed the words which I hope are self explanatory, peeled off the backing and applied as shown to finish.

Fun to do and quite rewarding.  This card meets the Less is More challenge 180 where this week we have to 'Adapt a Fingerprint'.

Sid xx

Pin It

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Those Were The Days

Over on UK Stampers Forum we run a monthly postcard challenge where we are asked to make a 6 x 4 inch postcard which has to travel to it's recipient 'naked' through the post.

This months challenge is to have wheels somewhere on your card ......... so here is mine.

I used background paper from My Minds Eye and covered a 6 x 4 inch piece of white card with it.  That provided the wheels !

I then stuck another piece of paper from the same pad (follow your heart  * be amazing) and placed as shown.  The butterfly was a stamp from Darkroom Door stamped in Archival black on a die cut butterfly blank.  This was edged in aged mahogany Distress Ink and again stuck in place.

Other stamping with a swirl and the words was done in sepia Versafine ink using PaperArtsy stamps. 
Finishing touches were to add a piece of printed Washi tape with a little metallic silver added with a Posca marker.  The whole card was then edged with more aged mahogany to complete.

Why not join the Forum and enter, it's free and fun.......... Click HERE to go there !

Sid xx

Pin It

Saturday, July 05, 2014

It's in the air !

This CAS card was made to be very minimalist.  It's on a 4.5 x 4.5 inch white card base.  I have used a set of polymer stamps from Craftwork Cards of grasses which I have inked with TH Distress Inks in spiced marmalade, peeled paint, mustard seed & fired brick.  They were simply stamped in a line.

I then applied a strip of some fine maroon velvet ribbon with double sided tape along the base of the grasses.

The word plate was made by stamping the words with Archival black ink on white card and matting onto some maroon card to match.  This was adhered on foam pads to finish.

Easy to make but I think it's quite effective.  This fits the bill for this weeks new challenge from the Less is More Blog challenge for week 179 the theme of which is 'Earthtones'.

Sid xx

Pin It

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Upcycling ...........

This simple card is made using a 4.5 x 4.5 inch white card blank adorned with a upcycled bookpage flower made using the TH tattered flowers die.  The petals have been coloured with Dylusions sprays in lime and yellow and overstamped with red Memento ink and a TH stamp.

I have added a star brad which started life pink but was recoloured with a red copic marker, to hold the petal layers together and the flower is held down with sticky dots.

The red strip is Washi tape and the sentiment (inked with black Archival Ink) is another TH stamp.

Think this fits the bill for the 'Less Is More' Challenge blog week 178 where we are to use something recycled.

Sid xx

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...