Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Three 'Mona' ATC's

Inspired by a swap from UK Stampers Forum this ATC swap was to produce a series of three Mona Lisas'. Here they are, mainly collage but with Lyra Aquacolour infills. All sealed with my beloved Mod Podge (matt) sealer.

Mona One

Mona Two
Mona Three

Pin It

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hopes & Dreams CJ Entry

Well here is another two page CJ entry. This time for a UK Stampers Forum CJ. This one is Cal's and I kept it plain and simple with just a definition of 'Hope' and of 'Dream'. The size is 7 x 5 inches.



I have used chipboard letters which have been embossed with Pipedream 'Opals' Ultra thick embossing crystals to spell out the words. They give a superb depth of colour.

Pin It

Birth Year CJ

I have finally completed my Birth Year CJ for a UK Scrappers Swap. The idea was to produce a CJ for the Year of your Birth which would then be circulated to 9 other CJ'ers who would complete a double page spread on the relevant Year. Here we go my year is ????..............ok I own up, 1952. That really seems a long long while ago but some interesting things happened in that era.

Anyway it's finally done and will be winging its way to the next person in the group first thing on Monday. Sorry, by the way, for being late !





Pin It

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mum's Birthday Card

Well, today is my Mum's 83rd birthday. This is the card I made and I will be setting off very soon to visit her. Hope she likes it !

Pin It

Thursday, May 10, 2007


This is the result of a Talkcrafts Forum swap to produce a piece of jewellery. Once again I have used a piece of my trusty Faux Dichroic Glass to which I have applied a silver bellcap and suspended this on a silver chain. I actually made a little bag from ivory brocade which I machine sewed and fastened with a piece of gold braid. Hope you like it Karen !

I enjoyed making this very much.

Pin It

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Accordian Book in a Box - Decoration

Box, outside

As promised I have now completed decorating the accordian book in a box project. For the lid I punched out two holes and threaded a small piece of 7mm fuschia satin ribbon through the holes and tied it in a bow to act as a lid handle. I embellished the top panels with square red and green flat backed jewels adhered with glossy accents. For the book I printed out a number of angelic pics onto 2ins square vellum pieces using an ink-jet printer. These were trimmed and the concertina panels were decorated with these. My book had 8 panels in all. To compliment the lid each panel was adorned with two square flat backed jewels to compliment the colourway. I think less is more on this one and because of the fussy papers I purposely kept it simple.

Box opened showing concertina

Panel Detail

Panel Detail

Pin It

Friday, May 04, 2007

Two More ATC's

These two ATC's have been made for a UKS swap for May.

Wings of Fortune

Target Practice

The first was stamped using a floral background stamp in black Stazon and this was hand coloured with USartQuest Stargazers paints. This was then stamped and heat embossed with a flower stamp and white embossing powder. A strip of card made using metallic inks was then applied to the base of the card and a butterfly was stamped with black Stazon on gloss card and selectively coloured with Jacquard gold acrylic paint. A copper foiled 'flutter' word was then applied as shown with DS tape. The ATC was edged with gold Krylon pen.
The second was made from a card coloured with dye inks of various colours and a make-up sponge in a diamond shape. This was then applied to the base ATC and stamped with words, target and a run of numbers stamps with black Stazon. A copper brad was applied in the centre of the target and the ATC was edged with dark blue dye ink to complete.

Pin It

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Nebula Card

I decided to call this card 'Nebula', simply because it reminds me of the photos you see of those astronomical phenomena. Different colourway this time too !

This is the third spin 'n' splash card I have completed. This time I have used Ranger alcohol inks on a silver mirri card base and then cut this into four pieces. This was then mounted onto a hand made textured background (featured elsewhere on the blog), with metallic brads and applied to two mats one in cream card and one in mauve. The background card is cream pearlescent card cut and scored to fold.

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...