>

Sunday, July 05, 2009

'U' for Unusual Tag



Here is my ' Very unusual for me tag!' Simply very unusual because I have used nothing but peel-offs for the background on this one. OK I have coloured, altered, cut and overlayed them but they are actually unrecognisable when used like this !

Detail of background

I took a piece of brown card, cut to shape, applied loads of gold peeloffs in a random fashion layering them over each other. Then I coloured with Alcohol Inks in butterscotch, ginger, terra cotta & cranberry. I inked up a dragonfly stamp with black Stazon and stamped this several times on top of the peel-offs (not easy to see in the pic). The U is a chipboard letter applied on foam pads over a mat made of gold card with a diamond heat embossed design in brown, a piece of torn print and a black material flower with button centre to embellish the mat.

The words are printed on the inkjet printer, matted on the brown card and applied with foam pads also. The hole and eyelet was cut and set with the crop-a-dile and some white fibres added through the hole.
Hope you like it !

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. WOW Sid what a lot of effort, but great results, just love that background and if you hadn't of said you'd used peel-offs I'd never have known

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! I love the colors in this background...and the way you added the words to highlight the unusualness of it!!! I never think to use browns really and it is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab tag! Cool way of using peel offs too...love it loads! Hels x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG peel offs may make a comeback if you can get fantastice results like this Sid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! Ingenious use of the pealoffs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. unusual indeed!! what a fab way to use peel-offs. I thought it was shredded wheat inked up when I first saw it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning is the word I would use for this tag....Very unusual in an understatement!!!! I love it.
    Hugs, Millie..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure I'd ever have identified that as a peel off project! Look fabulously rich and textured Sid, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tag, love how you created the background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to use peel offs that I have had for simply years. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Lovely to meet you today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a good idea as I know so many stampers hate peel offs but I think if it gets people to create who cares..great tag

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...