>

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bottleton-on-the-Marsh !



Well here it is at last ! My July entry into a CJ being run on UK Stampers Forum. This CJ was originated by Chicken Licken (Tasha). She chose the colour green and also her chosen stamp was a bottle. I searched my mind for ideas and finally came up with this theme. Why not do a little hamlet called 'Bottleton-on-the-Marsh' and make little houses of the bottles?, I thought !


I basically chose two colours of cardstock, a mint green and a moss green. I then got to work and stamped numerous bottles onto each card in oregano Adirondack ink, cutting them out and edging in dark brown chalk ink. I then overstamped with a couple of numbers plates from PaperArtsy in the same ink. I then cut some smaller and some at an angle for a bit of variety and on some cut cut off the cork and bottle neck to act as a a chimney which I stuck back on afterwards.


Windows and doors were cut from the contrasting card in different shapes and a black pen was used to draw in window frames etc. I then used a white opaque Gelly Roll pen to embellish the roofs and highlight bits of the buildings. Two other bottles were used for journalling as shown on the pic above !

The background card was the mint green and onto this I prepared the base using green matt acrylic paint applied roughly with a wide brush and allowed this to dry. I chose some tree stamps from Tanda and then stamped the background with these in Adirondack bottle, lettuce, meadow & oregano inks overlapping as necessary. I then laid out the pages and positioned the pieces before applying them with glossy accents (some on foam pads to add relief).



Once satisfactorily applied a small flying bird trio stamp from Crafty Individuals was inked in vintage sepia Versafine and applied randomly into the sky area. I thought about adding some blue in the sky but thought it would detract from the overall green effect - blue was definately out. Some little grass clumps were added by hand as a final touch using Marvey le Plume II pen in pine green (fine end).

The last two pics just show some detail on the houses ! The pages were then stuck onto the CJ base and that was it done.

Overall very few materials were used on this entry and I am quite pleased with the overall effect not to mention the fun had in its making.


Hope she will like it :-)

Pin It

18 comments:

  1. lol this is excellent Sid...fab idea and wonderfully created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingenious, who would think of making houses from bottles.... You of course! Truely amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea for the houses and it ties in so well with the town name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on this Sid. Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flipping, fabulously, brilliant - really, really WOW, and gorgeous and so different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sid , You never cease amazing me. I love everything about this book . The name , colors, layout ,
    humor, (I drove carefully through the pages. I think you should submitt this to a magazine !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, so totally creative and unique!! She is going to LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sid, If she doesn't like it, I'll take it....but.....I know she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have created some beautiful textures, wonderful colors! Oh, and love the vintage tag from the other day. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comments>

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great. Very realistic sounding place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic - what a super idea. You should send this to a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous take on the stamp and the green theme - this is great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea, Sid! I have a friend who drinks (rather copiously!) ... I think I will make him a card in this style.
    Love it. You're so darn creative ....
    Florida greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sid,

    I love your blog, but I absolutely adore this 'bottle' book. You are soooo clever and creative. x

    Ps. I live close to you and I will come over and help you 'tidy up your craftroom.....sometime' lol. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bottle houses are sooooo cute what a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The bottled houses really got my attention! Well done. The color green suits them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...