>

Wednesday, April 06, 2022

Box .....


Made this re-cycled box after being inspired by the talented Jean Hardy from Crafty Individuals ......

The box originally contained  French Macarons (which were delicious) and was already teal coloured. First I painted over the branding on the sides of the box lid with teal acrylic paint to prepare.

I then took a piece of watercolour card and tore it to fit the lid allowing for a border. I then used a variety of Crafty Individuals printed papers and collaged the watercolour card in a rough oblong with them. Once happy I stencilled lightly in places with Distress Inks. I then knocked back the brightness with some brushed on white gesso & edged some of the panels with black micron pen to add depth. Two pieces of Washi Tape from AAll & Create were added with French words.

I then took two old Crafty Individuals stamps of flowers and stamped on white card with Versafine black ink, heat embossing with clear embossing powder. They were trimmed, coloured with Distress Ink washes and matted on brown Kraft & pink cards. These were also knocked back with white gesso.



I then applied the flower panels as shown. I stamped 3 mini butterflies also from Crafty Individuals, trimmed them out and added as shown.

The whole panel was then applied to the top of the box to finish .......

I love to re-purpose ....

Sid xx

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful project Sid - love the final result
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Sid and inpiration by Jean is the best..x

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...