>

Monday, November 24, 2008

Sunday Challenge No 16


Here is my entry for the UK Stampers Sunday Challenge No 16. I used a christmas stamp from Personal Impressions which I have never used until now. I first stamped using Stazon black and coloured all in with Sakura Gelly Roll Tiara pens (quite glittery but not easy to see in the pic). This was cut out and matted on a piece of grey metallic figured card with foam pads. The background card was made from pre-printed and embossed paisley/snowflake card.

Hope you like it :-)

Pin It

Monday, November 17, 2008

Da Vinci ATC's







Here are my set of 3 ATC's, done for the UK Stampers November theme of 'Da Vinci'. I have used some numbers on each as I wanted to link these also to 'The Da Vinci Code' idea.

All three use either/all of Versamark resists, heat embossing, Distress Inks and Whispers dye inks. The main stamp is one from the ISC Da Vinci Pears plate bought via Scrapz. The numbers are from a plate I can't remember the origin of, sorry.
Hope you like them :-)


Pin It

Sunday, November 16, 2008

'Poppy'


Here is my entry for the UK Stampers Sunday Challenge. The theme was linked to Remembrance Sunday and the image had to be of a poppy. Here is mine.

The poppy was stamped after selectively colouring the flower and the leaves with watercolour brush markers. This was stamped on plain white card and then waterbrushed to produce a watercoloured finish. The image was then carefully cut out. The stamp used was from the Aspects of Design Floral plate. This was then applied with foam pads onto a pre-prepared cuttlebug textured mat. The mat was made by embossing a plain card with a Cuttlebug embossing folder then spraying with passion red and pink ink Glimmer Mists. This was rubbed over with the Versamark pad and this was heat embossed with blue pearl embossing powder. The mat was then matted on dark blue and pink card.

The C6 card was made from light blue cardstock and a printed acetate sleeve applied which had been inkjet printed with a design from the Artilicious filigree fusion CD Rom from Glenda Waterworth. The sleeve was applied with purple metallic eyelets and the poppy and mats adhered centrally. The acetate was very difficult to photograph to avoid reflections but you will get the general overall effect from the picture.


Hope you like it :-)

Pin It

Sunday, November 02, 2008

'Be Quiet' ATC

This ATC is my entry for this weeks TMTA challenge which was to produce a card with 'staples'. Here is my effort. Can I just say that there was no child harmed in the making of this card !!!!

The card has been coloured with Distress inks (aged mahogony, broken china & milled lavender) applied with cut'n'dry foam. The main stamp is one from Paper Artsy and the swirls origin is unknown. They were stamped in distress inks and onyx black Versafine ink. The words 'Be Quiet' were stamped with individual letters from Studio G in the same ink. I then applied a number of turquoise coloured staples over the mouth of the child and edged the whole card with copper Krylon.

Hope you like it :-)

Pin It

Sunday Challenge No 13


This is my entry to this weeks UK Stampers Sunday Challenge set by Gail (Efemera). I did struggle with it though.

The challenge says 'Well it has to be Halloween! Create a 6x6 page with a Halloween theme..........but you must include some fabric and of course stamping! post your finished creations on the blog Happy stamping! '

I used a piece of printed background paper with a muted diamond design as the base. I then found a piece of blue satin fabric which I stamped with a paisley stamp (Tanda) in onyx black Versafine. I mounted this onto a suitable piece of backing card and stuck it in place with PVA glue. I then overstamped with the same stamp and Versamark which I het embossed with gold EP.

I have very few Halloween type stamps actually and found a stamp from Third Coast Stamps which showed a tribal head. I stamped with Versamark and clear detail EP three times down the right of the piece. I then applied Starburst Stains in delphinium turquoise over the embossing which acted as a resist showing up the images. I coloured the left hand side with broken china Distress Ink and cut'n'dry foam. The words were stamped directly onto the sheet with individual text stamps and the spiders all over the left hand side. To finish, the fabric plate was adhered with glue dots and the 'magic happens' plate applied with foam pads. Finally the whole piece was edged with copper Krylon.

Hope you like it :-)

Pin It
Related Posts with Thumbnails