>

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sunday Challenge No 13


This is my entry to this weeks UK Stampers Sunday Challenge set by Gail (Efemera). I did struggle with it though.

The challenge says 'Well it has to be Halloween! Create a 6x6 page with a Halloween theme..........but you must include some fabric and of course stamping! post your finished creations on the blog Happy stamping! '

I used a piece of printed background paper with a muted diamond design as the base. I then found a piece of blue satin fabric which I stamped with a paisley stamp (Tanda) in onyx black Versafine. I mounted this onto a suitable piece of backing card and stuck it in place with PVA glue. I then overstamped with the same stamp and Versamark which I het embossed with gold EP.

I have very few Halloween type stamps actually and found a stamp from Third Coast Stamps which showed a tribal head. I stamped with Versamark and clear detail EP three times down the right of the piece. I then applied Starburst Stains in delphinium turquoise over the embossing which acted as a resist showing up the images. I coloured the left hand side with broken china Distress Ink and cut'n'dry foam. The words were stamped directly onto the sheet with individual text stamps and the spiders all over the left hand side. To finish, the fabric plate was adhered with glue dots and the 'magic happens' plate applied with foam pads. Finally the whole piece was edged with copper Krylon.

Hope you like it :-)

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Very effective Sid. Love the tribal head stamp

    Hugs

    Vron xx

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...