>

Saturday, July 04, 2020

Steampunk......


Made this card as my entry into the That's Crafty July Challenge on Facebook whose theme is 'Everything Steampunk' .....

I used a 5 x 7 inch white card blank as the base. I cut a matt from white card and embossed this with a Sizzix embossing folder. I then wiped over the embossed design with a White Linen Distress Oxide ink pad highlighting the raised portions and whilst still wet applied Bronze embossing powder and heated to emboss. I added some brown watercolours to selected parts. This matt was then matted again onto black card to leave a fine border.

I then used a Steampunk background stamp (EcoGreen) to stamp in Versamark ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder.  This was trimmed out and some metallic silver pen and brown watercolours added to the image. I also stamped a train emblem plate (EcoGreen) in Archival Sepia ink and trimmed this out also.

I then added a strip of measuring tape ribbon at the base of the embossed plate and added the other plate on foam pads along with the emblem.

I then added some metal embellishments, a corner, a key, two square brads & the number 13 which was applied with hot glue.  The finished matt was added to the card front and two strips of numbers Washi tape added to finish the card.

Sid xx

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Stunning work Sid - so much detail going on on this amazing card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...