>

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Captivate .....



Decided to make a 3D shadowbox which measures 12 x 9 cms. I wanted to use a pastel pink & blue theme to keep it light and cheerful !

This is also my entry into the Craft Stamper Magazine 'Take It Make It' Challenge for April whose subject is 'Anything Goes' .....




The shadowbox comes in three die-cut pieces and I used a pearlescent pastel pink card for the box and a pastel blue for the frame. The two components were folded and glued together to form the shadowbox which I framed with some blue Stickles glitter glue.




I then chose 3 printed papers from 6 x 6 stock and trimmed out the leaves and flowers which I stuck in place at different levels within the box to produce a 3D effect.




I then stamped the Bird and hearts (Crafty Individuals) in black Memento ink and coloured as shown with Copic Alcohol Ink Markers before trimming out. I then took a wooden cocktail stick, trimmed to size and coloured with brown Copic Markers and stuck this in place with Glossy Accents onto which I attached the bird supported on foam pads.




The pink frame was then also die-cut and stuck in place over the blue front. The stamped hearts were applied on foam pads top left and a number of pink and blue sequins attached with more Glossy accents added to provide some bright elements to the design.

Finishing touches were to add some pink velvet and blue grosgrain ribbons tied through a hole at the top. The word 'Captivate' was stamped on blue card which was trimmed and matted on pink card & applied on foam pads to finish.

Sid xx


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour combination Sid, and a delightful result. I am loving these shadowboxes that you are creating
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty .... I love the detail and the colours. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...