>

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Snowflakes & Gingerbread Man Festive Hanger



I know it's not Christmas but .........

Here is a festive wall hanger made with three stout board bases joined together in a flexible way with Treasury Tags. This fits the bill for the Happy Little Stampers blog 'April Christmas Challenge' where you have to use at least one diecut on your creation ........ I lost count of how many I used on this project !







Seasonal Printed papers form the basis of a lot of elements and are passed through a Sizzix machine to produce a lot of the die cut embellishments.  I have used mainly Sizzix dies for the snowflake rosettes.




Some heat embossing was used on some of the plates and some stamping of Seasonal sentiments is also used using Stampin' Up inks.




The snowman was die cut from Kraft card and decorated with black buttons and white paper which has been pinked with a pair of pinking shears.





Some of the layered snow flakes rosettes consist of laser cut wooden elements too !





I made extensive use of a hot glue gun to adhere the decorations.




I also used embossing folders to provide some texture on certain areas.





The bottle brush Christmas Tree was made using a method devised by Effie of Efemera Ink and the instructions are HERE on her blog. I think she is sooooooo .... creative !





Bit of a labour of love but I think it turned out ok.  Hope you like it.

Sid xx

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous. So much detail and I love it all. The gingerbread man is so cute and I love all the snowflakes. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful hanger!! Love the dimension you have going here, especially with the swirling patterns on some of the rosettes.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning hanger,
    you put so much detail into this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sid, thanks so much for visiting and becoming a new follower (I think I already follow you!). Enjoyed seeing this immensely detailed hanger. It's very unique and I love all the embellishments you've tucked around on each portion of it. How pretty this will look, displayed at Christmas time. Will be giving you a welcome shout out and linking to your blog on a post soon, so that my followers can find your lovely blog. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous festive hanging Sid and I love how you used so many die cuts on one piece of artwork! It will look great come Christmas. Thanks for coming to play with us at Happy Little Stampers.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous festive hanging Sid and I love how you used so many die cuts on one piece of artwork! It will look great come Christmas. Thanks for coming to play with us at Happy Little Stampers.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is lovely Sid. Something to enjoy year after year and I love your colour combination. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab festive hanging, love all of the die cuts, I am sure this will look fab at Christmas time. Gail

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...