>

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Face it ......




Over on the UK Stampers Forum we have a monthly Postcard swap where we make a postcard to a theme and then send it on at the end of the month through the post to our swap partner.  It has to be a bit robust to travel through the postal system 'Naked' (no envelopes allowed) so you have to consider what you put on it.

This months theme asks that you put a face on your card somewhere.  So this is mine.

I started with a piece of white card cut to 6 x 4 inches as the base.  I then chose and applied a background paper that I had made using the Gelli Plate over the entire card surface.







I stamped the face (ISC) onto more Gelli Plate paper, trimmed out and stuck in place along with loads of other printed collage elements.




The flowers and sentiment were stamped in Memento black ink using a set of Uniko stamps that I had won .....  Thanks Bev !!  I then finished off with loads of doodled dots and lines etc. added with various coloured  Posca Pens and a quick spray with matt acrylic lacquer to protect.

Hope the recipient likes it !

Sid xx

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Sid, thank you for commenting and joining my blog (Cardmaker's Garret) today. Your comment led me to your blog - love your cards, especially the mixed media ones like this one. And it's so nice to see a guy making cards - I wish there were more of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fabulous Sid!!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like layers over layers of tissue - what a fabulous effect you got with your Gelli Plate. This is so bright and colourful yet pastel. Brill!
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on this swap, colours and background are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looked so much fun. Love the collage look to the postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creation Sid..Thank you so much for commenting & joining my blog..!! Happy to follow you too !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sid what a beautiful collage, loving all your layering and colours. It fits the brief perfectly too. Let's just hope that the postal service treat it well!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is AMAZING, Sid! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your postcard is a piece of art. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! I hope it gets through the postal system without damage. A beautiful piece.
    I'm following you. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...