>

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Teatime Postcard




This is another 6 x 4 inch postcard, this time with a theme of TeaTime !  The background is made from Websters Pages and 7 gypsies papers, torn and edged with fired brick Distress Ink before sticking onto a piece of card. It will eventually be posted naked to a swap participant over on UK Stampers Forum.






The numbers, teaset and words are stamped in Archival Black ink and are from a set called Playtime 1 by Toodles & Binks. The image is from Land of Nod Studios and was printed on inkjet paper and trimmed out before sticking in place.






The T42 stamps are stamped in Memento inks in ladybug, bahama blue and cottage ivy with stamps from a set by Stampers Anonymous.





Finishing touch was to edge the postcard with maroon Colorbox chalk ink.


Sid xx

Pin It

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Surreality !




This altered collaged hanger is made from a tuna tin (duly cleaned and washed of course).  It was made as  part of a swap over on UK Stampers Forum. I called it 'Surreality' because once I had assembled it it seemed to say just that to me.






I have lined the base, insides and outside of the tin with paper from My Minds Eye (Mabel) in contrasting green and rose red.  The papers were stuck in place with Claudine Helmuth Matte Medium (Ranger).  The base paper was stamped with a couple of flourishes in green Versamagic chalk ink before sticking in place.






Once done the inside base was decorated with some paper leaves cut from a paper stack, mounted on foam squares.  The cream paper flowers were coloured with fired brick Distress Ink, stuck in place on foam squares and centred with Adirondack dimensional pearls in bottle green.  A bee (7 gypsies conservatory) was stamped in Archival Black ink and the inside edge where the papers join decorated with Cherry Ice Stickles.






The outside of the tin was then stamped with a polymer flower stamp and more of the Versamagic red chalk ink.  Two holes were punched with the Crop-a-Dile at the top of the tin and two Tim Holts screw fasteners added through the holes.






I next added the printed image of the boy with the flying fish on layered foam squares and also added a bit of fringed paper coloured with forest green Distress Ink in front with Glossy Accents to add further dimension.

Finishing touches were to add black Enamel Accents around the inside rim and a piece of metallic gold twine tied round the knobs to hang.

Sid xx

Pin It

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Create & Smile



Simple one layer card made with 2 Paper Artsy stamps, stamped with Memento grape jelly ink on a white card and coloured with Spectrum Noir alcohol ink pens.  The 'always smile' plate (Hero Arts polymer) is mounted on foam pads and stamped in Versafine onyx black ink.

Sid xx

Pin It

Sunday, August 07, 2011

L'amour




Not blogged for so long, just haven't had the time since coming back from holidays.  Managed some time today and made this self standing collage........... how satisfying that I have crafted after nearly 3 weeks !!

I had previously made the background from recycled corrugated card which I had given a crackle finish with a gold base coat. The general colourway was purple, red and gold as you can see.  The piece measures 6 x 5.5 inches and the background technique is described in this blogpost.






I then used a Tim Holtz background stamp of distressed dots stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with violet pearlescent embossing powder.  A polymer stamp of a tag was stamped in similar fashion but this time heat embossed with mirror gold EP.  I then stamped a couple of flourishes in red Versamagic ink.

I used a lot of elements cut from 6 x 6 - 7gypsies papers (Camden & Lille).  All elements were edged in black archival ink to give them definition.






The Eiffel tower frame was made from a black card arch frame ( Stewart Gill) backed with paper from  the Lille papers and embellished with amber flatbacked gems adhered with Glossy Accents.  The letters were applied as rub-ons (Making Memories)






The remainder of the elements were stuck in place as shown.  The floral plate was stuck in place with a foam dot and pierced through with a heart-headed hatpin ( burying the sharp end in the corrugated background).

Some purple deco balls were added as shown with Glossy Accents.






The piece was then matted onto a piece of the Lille papers (they are double sided)  and the fold down stand (sizzix die cut out of cardboard) applied with glue to finish.

I like the colours of this piece and of course the bling too !

Sid xx

Pin It
Related Posts with Thumbnails