>

Wednesday, February 03, 2021

Green .....


Decided to make a wrapped journal using a Sizzix Die designed by Eileen Hull .....

I cut out the cover from greyboard and two covers for the signatures from card, also lined paper for the signature inserts .....

I then painted the folding spines green on the outside and orange on the inside with paints made from Distress Oxide ink and water in Spiced Marmalade and Rustic Wilderness.


I then cut a number of panels to fit the inside and outside space on the journal. I used a busy leaf design for the outside and a distressed green for the inside, applying these with wet glue and red-line tape.

All outside edges of the journal were heat embossed with dark green embossing powder applied with Versamark ink.


I die-cut some floral elements for the front from white card and backed this with some orange card applying as shown. Decorating with some gold dimensional pearls and adding a green sticker.


I made a patterned pocket for inside the front cover and decorated this with a polymer flower and 'paper doll'. The tag was made from more printed paper and stamped with an Indigo Blu stamp, adding a sticker, eyelet and green organza ribbon.


Next I threaded the support for the two signatures using silver covered round elastic. There are enough supports for 4 signatures but I only made 2. The covers were painted with orange acrylic paint and the inside pages made from lined notepaper. The covers were decorated with various floral and leaf elements along with more green word stickers.


I made a pocket from covered card to go on the inside back panel decorating with an orange polymer flower.



The inside of the front flap was stamped with another Indigo Blu stamp and another 'paper doll' was added with another green sticker.

I made a closure with two strong magnets to hold the journal closed, adding with hot glue. I then added the enamel letter spelling 'Journal' on the front flap.

Final addition was to tie a piece of colour co-ordinated sari ribbon around the spine. I also added some homemade beads to the loose ends of the ribbon......

Really enjoyed making this ......

Sid xx

Pin It

1 comment:

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...