>

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Journal ......


Decided to make a Passport Journal using an Eileen Hull Sizzix Die (inspired by Corrie Herriman)......

I used re-cycled packaging card as the base for the front Covers. I then applied some texture paste through a stencil. This was allowed to dry before painting with pigment mica powders in greens and blues using an acrylic fixing medium to make paint which I applied with a brush. The side front and back panels were covered in more Gel Prints.



The spine was cut from white card and also painted in a similar fashion. The covers were then applied to the spine (I only used a single thickness for one signature of 4 double white card pages within). I then edged the panels with gold embossing powder and Versamark ink, melting with a heat gun. I also applied some gold Krylon pen to the raised diamonds.



I then stamped the front and back panels with some AAll & Create stamps and Archival inks in Sepia and dark blue. I then stamped a couple of feather stamps on a Gelli Print background in Versafine black ink. Trimmed these out and applied as shown with gloss gel medium.




The signature consists of 4 double pages (to be decorated later) and is held in place with some gold-covered elastic thread from the inside and tied firmly in a bow on the outside. I finished the journal with some white Posca pen lines and a little metal clip to hold the journal closed.

Really enjoyed making this and will be making more no doubt ......

Sid xx

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous creation Sid - love the colours and the sheen from the mica paints. It
    s the first time I have heard of a 'passport sized' journal, although I know they can be made any size :) this size appeals
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Sid. 💗
    Made in my favourite colours with a feather to boot!
    I love the idea of it being pocket sized too. Beautiful work x

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...