>

Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Birdies ......

 


Made a card using elderly stamps from Crafty Individuals CI - 184 .....

I used a 5 x 5 inch white card blank. I stamped the 4 stamps onto white card in Versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. They were trimmed out and coloured with Ecoline brush pens and Distress ink washes. Each square was mounted on black card to form a thin border.

I then used some printed background paper also from Crafty Individuals and matted this onto black and pale blue card to match the background on two of the bird squares. The four squares were then applied to the background matts. and the background applied to the card blank.

I then stamped the words on more blue card in Versafine black ink and again heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The words were trimmed out, matted on black card and applied on foam pads to the card to finish ......

Sid xx

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sid - love how you have used and mounted the stamps
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sid,
    When you say 'elderly stamps', what do you mean?
    These are stunning, and have reminded me of a technique that I used to use about 25 years ago when I last made any cards!! I'm trying to get back into it again, and I think that this is exactly what I needed to see!!
    Did you just cut the birds out, and added the flourishes by hand?
    Thanks so much 💕

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...