>

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Another Christmas Decoration


I have wings, again !! and without Red Bull !!

This is another Christmas decoration I made from a template cut out of patterned cardstock, scored, folded and then treated in the following manner: I stamped the unformed cutout randomly with a small rheindeer stamp with Versamark and heat embossed these with clear embossing powder. With this acting as a resist, I used shabby shutters distress ink laid down from the pad onto a non-stick craft sheet. This was first spritzed with water from a mister and the card laid down a couple of times randomly onto the spritzed ink and dried with a heat gun between coats.

The coloured card was then folded and a hole cut in the top flaps to accommodate 4 pieces of ribbon 2 each in red and gold, knotted at one end and threaded through the end flaps. The tabs of the card were adhered with extra strong double sided adhesive.

Next, two wings were stamped onto heat resistant acetate and heat embossed with silver embossing powder before cutting out carefully and adhering with mini glue-dots to the back of the ornament as shown. I then selected an epoxy sticker and applied centrally. The words were cut from printed paper and adhered with glossy accents. The front and back of the ornament were finished with dots of red stickles glitter glue.

I am in the process of making a batch of different decorations which I hope will go onto decorate a large gilded twig as my substitute Christmas tree.

Hope you like it :-)

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I could see one as a winged santa. Yes, Santa tree. LOL. Your things are wonderful, as usual. =) Lucky friends getting those! Christmas HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. a wonderful christmas decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative..! What a cool Christmas decoration.

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...