>

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sunday Challenge No 3



Here are my 9 'inchies' done for the UK Stampers Sunday Challenge No 3. The challenge was based on the Olympics, sports & medals.
I found this one difficult really because I don't have a lot of sporty type stamps. I decided to use watercolour board as a base and then thought about the colours of the Olympic rings as a starter.


I first coloured the backgrounds with Whispers dye ink in Turquoise, Red & Green direct to paper. Then stamped in onyx black Versafine a selection of stamps from a 'boys toys' See D's set.

I first edged each of the inchies with Versamark and dipped them in Tequila Sunrise EP from Joanna Sheen, heating to melt with a heat gun. Then I stamped stars with Versamark and EP's in Copper, Silver & Gold to represent the Olympic medals.

So I did try to capture the colours of the Olympic Rings - Cyan, Green, Red, Yellow & Black plus the metallics of the medals.


Hope you like them ! :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...