Saturday, May 31, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
This is another Laura Ashley-esque creation done on a plain mauve DL background card. A Dovecraft stamp of a Chrysanthemum was inked with Olympic Green Versafine and stamped twice each time to produce the stamped background. Certain flower centres were picked out in purple gellyroll glitter pen to add a sparkle. One of the 12 inch papers by dovecraft was then cut into squares and these were edged with orange chalk ink before being placed on the card using 1mm foam pads to raise the images. The sentiment plate from See Dees was stamped on dark green cardstock with Versamark ink and this was heat embossed with gold embossing powder. Two sides of the plate were lined with gold Krylon pen before adhesring it to the card with foam pads.
Thought the dimensional look was good and hope you like it.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Just a quick card made with one of the Dovecraft Laura Ashley papers. The card is a 5 x 5 inch pearl lattice with a 4.5 x 4.5 inch square of the paper applied. I have cut out and decoupaged one of the Chrysanthemum motifs and applied fine glitter in multi copper with a Quickie glue pen and added a piece of self adhesive ribbon in lime. The sentiment was stamped with a See D stamp and Versafine vintage sepia ink.
Simple and quick.........hope you like it.
Friday, May 23, 2008
Here is a set of 3 'Floral' ATC I have done as a swap with an Australian Lady who suggested the theme. I have used Whispers dye ink pads in various colours to make the backgrounds direct to paper. I have used a flower stamp from Third Coast as the main theme and a leafy flourish stamp to embellish. Inks used are Versafine onyx black and vintage sepia. The flower image has been painted with waterbrush and US Artquest Jewelz Interference Green, Blue & Yellow watercolours and the flourish accented with blobs of dimensional paint in peacock blue.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Here are yet another two triangular ATC's. These have a shiny clear embossed coating which enhances the vibrancy of the colours used. All used Distress Inks and various rubber stamps to achieve the effect. A waterbrush was used to spread areas of colour. The one on the right was an experiment with some other inks I have to see if they stood up to heat embossing........looks a bit Xmassy to me !!!! Once again I hope you like them.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Then I stamped a flourish stamp in Lettuce Adirondack bottom left and a numbers stamp (don't know who from !) across the top, down the right side and across the bottom of the tag. I then stamped the same flourish in Palette metallic copper, but offset. The word 'Treasure' was then stamped in Espresso Adirondack.
The edges of the tag were coloured with Colorbox chalk ink in moss green and a length of assorted fibres in complimentary colours were added through the hole in the tag to finish.
The colours are subtle and relaxed and I do hope you like it.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Well I told you I would do more ! and I did just that.
Here are another two triangular ATC's I just completed. They use Judikins rubber stamps from an old cube stamp ' Soul Windows #1'. Click on the image to see an enlarged view.
Two images were stamped on plain white cardstock in onyx black Versafine Ink and masked and both were then coloured using a fine brush using colours from a set of Cosmic Shimmer mica powders. A very small amount of pigmented mica powder was placed in a palette with a couple of drops of water, mixed and used as a paint. These micas have an added binder so they don't need setting after applying. I heat dried the colours after each application. As usual the sheen and shimmer of the finish is lost in the photography.........but I can assure you it is actually there and looks great.
Hope you like these 'cause there will be more.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Inspired by a crafters blog by Dan99 ........ thanks Dan for the inspiration !!! I made my first triangular ATC today. I used two rubber stamps, the angel from Crafty Individuals and the Rouge et Noir sheet music from Purple Onion Designs . Both were stamped onto plain white card in onyz black Versafine Ink. The angel was stamped first and then masked before stamping with the sheet music.
I then used Distress Inks in spiced marmalade and worn lipstick applied with cut'n'dry foam. The angel was coloured using a waterbrush and my beloved Inktense water soluble ink pencils. The wings were highlighted with a Pentel gold metallic brush marker. The edges of the ATC were finished with onyx black.
Quite like the effect, but still need to try a lot more. Because one is never enough, of course, this one will certainly not be the last. Hope you like it ! Pin It