>

Friday, January 28, 2022

Love........



Made a Valentines card .....

I started with a 6 x 6 inch white card blank. I then made the background with Distress Oxide washes and stamping with text stamps in Chalk inks.

I then stamped a corner flourish with Versamark ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. The edges of the background were then stamped in pink Versafine Clair ink with a faux stitch stamp. A piece of torn pink Washi tape was applied diagonally.

I then made the central square ..... I stamped the face (Cherry Pie) on white card with Versafine black ink and trimmed to a 2 inch square. The eyes, lips & face were coloured with sponged Distress Ink and paint markers. The second layer was made from 3 pieces of handmade paper stuck together and trimmed. The last layer was a square of dark pink card. I then die-cut a heart outline from more handmade paper and coloured this as shown.

I then die-cut a heart and stamped with Versamagic chalk ink adding some faux stitching and a flower with a brad.

I heat embossed two images of the word 'Love' with gold embossing powder.

All elements were then assembled as shown with the central panel on foam pads. The background was matted onto dark pink card and applied to the card blank to finish ......

Bit different for Valentines I thought ....

Sid xx



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Dramatic card Sid - Love the central image, it's quite haunting. I also have it and I am glad you supplied the name as I bought it second hand and it's unlabelled.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...