>

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Buttons...........




I have just completed a set of three ATC's for a swap over on UK Stampers Forum.  The theme for this month is 'Everyday Things' and I decided on buttons.

The ATC blanks were cut from thin mountboard to the prescribed 2.5 x 3.5 inches and each was covered in printed paper to make backgrounds.  Two blue themed and one sepia themed.





I then used a set of fab stamps from Papertrey Ink to stamp all the other background images in Versafine sepia and Memento onyx black.







I selected buttons from my stash to co-ordinate with the colourway and adhered them with glossy accents, highlighting the buttonholes with blue Stickles glitter glue.  I also added a blob of this to highlight the 25c pricepoint on the sepia set.







A little Liquid Pearls in platinum was added on each ATC and when dry each was edged in Distress inks in faded jeans and walnut stain, applied on cut'n'dry foam.

Sid xx

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sid!
    These ATC's are really good! They almost look store bought. AWESOME JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great look like something that you would find in a vintage flea market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SID - YES I KNOW I AM SHOUTING!!!

    When I first looked at your button cards I was going to congratulate you on finding such gorgeous vintage original button cards - and ask you where you found them.

    Then.......reading on .......you made them!!!!! They are absolutely awesome, I am going to have to try and join in with the swap and I might get lucky and 'win' one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of everyday object, fab set of ATCs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable they look so old-fashioned (in a nice way)just like the ones we used to buy years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous collection of ATCs Sid.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sid .Love the ATCs
    Great set of designs and buttons .
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...