>

Thursday, June 03, 2010

'Journey' Gothic Arch


Here is another arch I have done and it fits the the latest Gothic Arch Challenge - 'Openings' . I chose another stamp from the  Collagabilities - Let's Face It plate of a lady looking out an open window.  I cut out the arch from pale blue card and began by stamping the main image in Versafine onyx black.  This I heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder. Next I masked this off and stamped a seed head stamp (PaperArtsy) in olympic green Versafine.




Next I die cut a border piece using the Sizzix Tim Holtz scallops 'On The Edge' die.  This was swiped with Memento inks in bamboo leaves and cottage ivy.  This was then stuck in place at the bottom of the arch.  I next took a concentric circle stamp (PaperArtsy) inked with Versafine vintage sepia and stamped around the main image after masking off the sides. I then used a selection of Inktense pencils and a waterbrush to colour the circles and main image and some Stickles crystal glitter glue added to the centre of the circles. Some blue dots were added to the dress with a blue Souffle pen.




The top of the arch was coloured with cut'n'dry foam and Distress inks in crushed olive and shabby shutters inks.  The word was stamped with a 7 Gypsies rotary stamp in onyx black Versafine.  The tag was embellished with a 3D butterfly made by stamping an Anna Griffin butterfly stamp onto thin card and colouring with contrasting Marvey Le Plume II pens this was then heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder.  This was trimmed out and attached with glossy accents after folding the wings upwards to complete.  I wanted an abstract finish to this arch.

Sid xx

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. This is a lovely arch, I love the ethereal nature of it. Thanks for playing at Gothic Arches this week
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one fab arch!.. love the scalloped edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this its excellent..the colours are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh you're really getting stuck into your challenges Sid, this is lovely, great colours xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Anna Griffin butterfly is very relistic.Betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the colour combo's you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sid, that is a lovely arch and I like the colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your work! Your arch is spectacular, and I have enjoyed looking at your works of art.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  9. you've been busy Sid - lots of fab stuff to look at! Love this arch especially, the vibrant colours look great and there's lots of detail to explore and enjoy - great job!

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...