>

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pretty in Pink



I made some paper flowers with the TH Sizzix tattered florals alterations die a short while back and here I have used one on a little gift box I crafted.  The box started life as a box of  Whittard coffee beans and I first prepared it by painting with a couple of coats of french mauve Decoart acrylic paint.  Once dry I used the smallest flower  negative from the diecuts as a mask and applied Adirondack Dimensional Pearls through the stencil with a dry coarse natural sponge in a randon fashion.  I allowed this to dry before adding white centres to the stencilled flowers with a white pigment pen.





I dug out some polymer stamps from Anna Griffin of an oval frame and the words 'Sending You Inspiration' and stamped the frame with Versafine onyx black.  This was coloured with Marvey Le Plume II pens and trimmed out.  I then backed the frame with the same spotty pink printed paper I had used in the flower and again trimmed out.  This was then stamped with the words.



The edges of the box were touched with chestnut brown chalk ink as was the edge of the frame and the printed paper was distressed a little with the ink.

The box was then decorated with the frame being stuck into place, the flower and pink ribbon bow applied with glue dots to finish.  I love the matt finish to the box and it has a sort of 'material' feel to it.

Sid xx

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Oh they look so cool!!! Have to get me that die too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!... it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sid - you're on a role at the moment with gorgeous work! what a stunning flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful box Sid! Love the shabby chic look! Really love all your recent art, it's so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful box Sid. Whatever you put inside it will have to work hard to match it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fab flower combo Sid. This has the effect of shabby chic to me - lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card, especially the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sid, this is so gorgeous. I love those flowers that match the papers. You really have an eye for color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree....you do have an eye for color. Love the way these colors all "gel" together and love that flower.

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...