Still lovely and warm here ! Here are a trio of ATC's I have made as part of a monthly swap being run over on UK Stampers Forum. This months theme is 'Walk Like an Egyptian' and here is my interpretation.
I cut 3 chipboard blanks measuring 2.5 x 3.5 inches which I covered with some printed paper as the base.
The stamps I have used are from Tanda and had never been used before even though I have had them years.
The top eagle was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with detail
gold embossing powder. The lower images of Egyptian figures were
stamped in Archival black.
I then used metallic pencils and Posca pens to colour the figures as shown. The letters are self adhesive. Each ATC was edged in dusty concord Distress ink to finish.
The themes each month going forward are all song titles and I really enjoyed airing my unused stamps on these why not join us and enter ....... it's free and fun !
Another week another challenge as they say ! Beautiful weather today with a heatwave forecast for the weekend too.
This card was made from a 4.5 x 4.5 inch square white card blank. I have stamped the outline rose (Anitas) in archival black ink.
I then used my finger to apply Distress inks in fired brick, barn door, peeled paint & pine needles directly to fill the whitespace. I wanted my print to show so I only did a small amount of finger stamping. Fingerprints on cards are normally taboo but outside the lines is ok too !!
I then got out my trusty Dymo and on black tape embossed the words which I hope are self explanatory, peeled off the backing and applied as shown to finish.
Over on UK Stampers Forum we run a monthly postcard challenge where we are asked to make a 6 x 4 inch postcard which has to travel to it's recipient 'naked' through the post.
This months challenge is to have wheels somewhere on your card ......... so here is mine.
I used background paper from My Minds Eye and covered a 6 x 4 inch piece of white card with it. That provided the wheels !
I then stuck another piece of paper from the same pad (follow your heart * be amazing) and placed as shown. The butterfly was a stamp from Darkroom Door stamped in Archival black on a die cut butterfly blank. This was edged in aged mahogany Distress Ink and again stuck in place.
Other stamping with a swirl and the words was done in sepia Versafine ink using PaperArtsy stamps.
Finishing touches were to add a piece of printed Washi tape with a little metallic silver added with a Posca marker. The whole card was then edged with more aged mahogany to complete.
Why not join the Forum and enter, it's free and fun.......... Click HERE to go there !
This CAS card was made to be very minimalist. It's on a 4.5 x 4.5 inch white card base. I have used a set of polymer stamps from Craftwork Cards of grasses which I have inked with TH Distress Inks in spiced marmalade, peeled paint, mustard seed & fired brick. They were simply stamped in a line.
I then applied a strip of some fine maroon velvet ribbon with double sided tape along the base of the grasses.
The word plate was made by stamping the words with Archival black ink on white card and matting onto some maroon card to match. This was adhered on foam pads to finish.
This simple card is made using a 4.5 x 4.5 inch white card blank adorned with a upcycled bookpage flower made using the TH tattered flowers die. The petals have been coloured with Dylusions sprays in lime and yellow and overstamped with red Memento ink and a TH stamp.
I have added a star brad which started life pink but was recoloured with a red copic marker, to hold the petal layers together and the flower is held down with sticky dots.
The red strip is Washi tape and the sentiment (inked with black Archival Ink) is another TH stamp.
This little design was inspired by a batch of butterfly shaped die-cuts which I discovered in a drawer in my craftroom. I have decided to start to use as much of my massive stash to create things from now on. Trouble is I have so much that I have forgotten what I have at my disposal.
I opened a couple of boxes containing a selection of Stewart Gill paints, embossing powders, fragments etc and made up my mind to have a go using them. The pic above shows what transpired !
I first painted the diecuts with some metallic SG paints in purple, blue and gold which I also enhanced with some Luminarte Primary Elements using one of the Simple Solutions to make mica paints. I made several layers in the various colours until they looked vibrant.
On one butterfly I added some SG Embossing powder and heat embossed.
I then added SG jewel fragments stuck in place with glossy accents and finished off the bodies with Ranger dimensional pearls. The antenna were added on a foam pad at the back and were made from coloured art wire.
The butterflies were adhered as shown with more foam pads. The word are from PaperArtsy and were stamped on another piece of the background paper in Archival black ink, trimmed out and edged with more dusty concord Distress Ink. A small purple self adhesive gem was added in the four corners as shown.
The background was made from some pale pink heavyweight card and I added Distress inks in victorian velvet and dusty concord with cut'n'dry foam. I then used stamps and Brilliance and Versamagic chalk ink in various colours to add the dots and straw effects.
A piece of angelhair mesh was added to the back of the plate to finish.
I'm a crafty fella living in Manchester U.K.
I like nothing better than to escape into my very untidy craftroom and mess around with stamps, inks , paint, fabric & anything else that's crafty for that matter!
A big warm welcome to 'Harpies Crafty Corner' which is a space to show and share my crafty creations and techniques. Hope your visit has been worthwhile and that you may have been inspired ! Please leave a comment, join my blog and most of all ....... enjoy !! Some of my creations can be bought in my Etsy Store. I look forward to seeing you again soon.