>

Thursday, September 24, 2015

School Days .......



Over on UK Stampers Forum we have a monthly postcard swap, the September theme is 'School Days'.

I cut a piece of scrap white card into a 6 x 4 inch postcard blank and then used a number of 12 inch papers cut down to embellish the base.  I edged the components with barn door Distress Ink on cut'n'dry foam.





The boys image was stamped on more scrap card, coloured with alcohol ink markers and trimmed out.  I used a glue stick to adhere all of these.  I used a few stamps and black Memento ink to stamp the words (Papertrey Ink) and the border along with a bit of Micron pen doodling.

Finally I gave the whole thing a quick spray with matt acrylic sealer to protect it through the post naked !





Why don't you visit the Forum, become a member and join in?  It costs nothing and you will receive a stamped handcrafted postcard in return for your efforts !

Sid xx

Pin It

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Redwork Quilt


This is another quilt that has been a long time in the making !  The base squares are made from unbleached Calico and have first been machine embroidered in red thread with typical redwork designs.

These were then pieced following which the square motive was again machine embroidered (found it difficult to position).




I then quilted using a fusible cotton batting.  I quilted in double squares with more red thread.




The binding was given to me by a dear friend and matched the colourway very well.  This is the first quilt that I have hand bound but I managed quite well.  I machine washed the quilt and have left it creased as I like the effect.

Not perfect but glad it is finished.

Sid xx

Pin It
Related Posts with Thumbnails