This very windy Sunday I am relaxing after doing the usual household chores and I made this card. I started with a 4.5 x 4.5 inch white card blank.
I then stamped the bird (pinkpaisley) in Memento tuxedo black ink on a plain white card plate and coloured with alcohol ink pens. This was matted on black card and the whole plate heat embossed with Versamark ink and detail clear embossing powder to give a glossy finish.
I then adhered a piece of stripey self adhesive fabric strip as shown across the card and mounted the birdy plate over this on sticky dots.
The words were stamped on more white card in Memento ink and trimmed out. This was mounted as shown on foam pads.
I started with a 5 x 5 inch white card blank and cut a piece of paper slightly less than the base which was adhered to the background after edging with old paper Distress Ink. By the way all papers used are from My Minds Eye!
I then used a Tim Holtz Sizzix alterations die and cut the houses which I separated only using a strip of three. These were adhered as shown and the smoke, underline and windows were added using black Posca Pen.
The honeycomb design was cut out from another piece of paper and adhered as shown above the houses and three similar individual 'combs' were cut out, edged with Distress Ink and adhered over the originals on foam pads to add a bit of depth.
Finally I used a PaperArtsy stamp of three arches and stamped this on white card in Versafine onyx black ink, trimming out just the one arch which again was edged and coloured with more Distress ink. This was adhered on foam pads as shown.
Love the earthy tones of the colours on this card.
This is my entry for the UK Stampers Postcard swap this month. The red cheeks give away the choice of title for this card. The theme for August is open so I have done a very colourful card keeping in mind that it has to travel to it's recipient through the post with no other protection.
I cut a piece of plain white card to 6 x 4 inches and set about with a stencil and Distress inks in barn door, wild honey and dusty concord, overlaying the colours each time until the desired colour depth was obtained. I used a Lynne Perrella stamp of a feather and stamped this around the edge of the card in moonlight white Brilliance ink ...... it's subtle but I think looks good. The edges of the card were then heat embossed in detail gold embossing powder.
The main image is another sizeable Lynne Parrella image from PaperArtsy which I stamped on more white card in Versamark ink. I then heat embossed the image with detail gold embossing powder for the outline.
I then coloured the image with Marvey Alcohol Ink brush markers and trimmed out the image. I used Mod Podge matt for paper as the adhesive to firmly attach the image on the Postcard.
This swap is very popular so why not join in by clicking the link at the beginning of the post?
A very pink card today !! Wind is blowing hard outside as I finish this. The peppermint green card base is 6 x 6 inches and has been matted with some pretty pearlescent print paper.
The chipboard frame was cut using a frames mover and shaper die from TH Sizzix. This was heat embossed using a Versamark inkpad and a couple of coats of Blond Moments spring tropic lustre embossing powder (this has a fab pearlescent gold overtone, not easy to photograph!). I have then stamped into it whilst molten with a rubber stamp coated with more Versamark to act as a release. This has added some texture too !
The frame was stuck in place as shown and the paper flowers in shades of pink towards maroon added at each of two opposite sides of the frame. The centres have been highlighted with dark brown dimensional pearls.
The dotty embellishments were made on a craft sheet by squeezing dots of Glossy Accents which were then loaded with TuTu Beadazzles and allowed to dry. Once dry they were peeled off the craft sheet and applied as shown. I thought they looked very much like the coated jelly's in Liquorice Allsorts !
The pink paper ribbon on the left was embellished with dots of worn lipstick Distress Stickles and stuck in place.
The sentiment was stamped on pink card in Archival sepia ink and edged with the same ink before trimming out and mounting in place with foam pads. The maroon ribbon bow was added on a foam pad to finish.
I'm a crafty fella living in Manchester U.K.
I love nothing better than to escape into my very untidy craftroom and mess around with stamps, inks , paint, fabric & anything else that's crafty for that matter!
A big warm welcome to 'Harpies Crafty Corner' which is a space to show and share my crafty creations and techniques. Hope your visit has been worthwhile and that you may have been inspired ! Please leave a comment, join my blog and most of all ....... enjoy !! Some of my creations can be bought in my Etsy Store. I look forward to seeing you again soon.