>

Sunday, June 29, 2014

No Ordinary Moments



This little design was inspired by a batch of butterfly shaped die-cuts which I discovered in a drawer in my craftroom.  I have decided to start to use as much of my massive stash to create things from now on.  Trouble is I have so much that I have forgotten what I have at my disposal.

I opened a couple of boxes containing a selection of Stewart Gill paints, embossing powders, fragments etc and made up my mind to have a go using them.  The pic above shows what transpired !




I first painted the diecuts with some metallic SG paints in purple, blue and gold which I also enhanced with some Luminarte Primary Elements using one of the Simple Solutions to make mica paints.  I made several layers in the various colours until they looked vibrant.





On one butterfly I added some SG Embossing powder and heat embossed.






I then added SG jewel fragments stuck in place with glossy accents and finished off the bodies with Ranger dimensional pearls.  The antenna were added on a foam pad at the back and were made from coloured art wire.

The butterflies were adhered as shown with more foam pads.  The word are from PaperArtsy and were stamped on another piece of the background paper in Archival black ink, trimmed out and edged with more dusty concord Distress Ink.  A small purple self adhesive gem was added in the four corners as shown.





The background was made from some pale pink heavyweight card and I added Distress inks in victorian velvet and dusty concord with cut'n'dry foam.  I then used stamps and Brilliance and Versamagic chalk ink in various colours to add the dots and straw effects.

A piece of angelhair mesh was added to the back of the plate to finish.

Must dig into my stash and use some before I buy any more from now on.  This meets the challenge requirements of 'Sunshine & Lavender' for the City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 219

Sid xx

Pin It

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Shooting Stars




This 6 x 4 inch postcard is my entry into the UK Stampers Forum monthly postcard swap.  This months theme requires you to use a star or stars somewhere on it.

I used a plain white card covered in a printed green paper with criss-cross navy lines.  I have used rubber stamps and dye inks to stamp the base leaves, starry flowers & arrows.  The stems and leaves have been added by hand with pens. A little bit of bling was added with Stickles in the centre of each flower.






The top line of images is actually a piece of clear glossy printed tape.

Finishing touches were to add the words and a little embellishment with Posca pens in white and gold with a spray of matt acrylic lacquer to seal.





These are sent as they are to the recipient ........... why not join us and have a go, it's very popular !

Sid xx

Pin It

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sweet Lemon ?



Ages since I have done any crafting ....... mojo has been on its hols I think.  This card is on a Kraft base and I have incorporated a machine embroidered lemon (made on my Singer machine) as the focal point.





The mats are made from Tilda papers.  I have used Versamark ink along with gold Perfect Pearls to make the green mat with a starry stamp.  Once layered I added the embroidered piece and a strip of spotty pink adhesive ribbon tape as shown.





Two lime buttons were threaded through with pink cotton and these are placed either side of a stamped image saying 'so sweet'. Couldn't resist mixing sweet with sour !!

3 blobs of Glossy Accents were used to accent the lemon to finish.




This will fit the bill for the theme over on City Crafter Challenge Blog this week 216 the theme being 'fruits'.

Sid xx

Pin It
Related Posts with Thumbnails