>

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Be Happy Postcard




Here is my entry for a postcard swap over on UK Stampers Forum.  This month it is an open theme and I prepared my background on a 6 x 4 inch piece of white card trimmed to size with a guillotine..

I used acrylic paints and a sponge to apply blue, magenta and cream paints.  Once happy with the effect I then stamped with Stazon Gold ink a dotty overlay.  Over this were stamped the bee image (Pink Paislee) and the pennants (Papertrey Ink) in Memento tuxedo black ink..  Another text stamp (Paper Artsy) was stamped in fired brick Distress ink.





Next a strip of Washi tape was applied at the top and a strip of TH Tissue Tape at the bottom along with some paper lace.  These were lightly stamped over with the bee stamp again with Memento tuxedo black ink..






The bees body was coloured with a gold Posca pen to highlight.





All edges were coloured with more fired brick Distress Ink applied with cut'n'dry foam after the edges of the postcard were rounded with a corner rounder punch.  A light coat of matt acrylic spray sealer was applied to protect it in transit to it's recipient as it has to travel 'naked' through the post.

Sid xx

Pin It

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Crazy Square Quilt Sampler



Now I am on a quilting roll I thought I would use some fat quarters I bought 3 years ago in making a crazy square.

I started with an irregular pentagon and then worked outwards adding more fabric until the desired square size was accomplished, trimming each section off with a rotary cutter before adding another section of material.  I then added soft & natural batting and a lime green quilt bottom before sewing around the inside of each piece of fabric in blue thread.  The quilt was then trimmed to size and finished in the same lime green binding.



The finished sampler is 19 inches square and I used my Janome machine for all the sewing. I enjoyed the exercise immensely and now need to do more !!

Sid xx

Pin It

Monday, July 08, 2013

Trying To Be Good





This quick card was made with the simple idea of using torn papers from a 6 x 6 inch pad by Prima called 'Rondelle'.

I used three papers, the base (spotty brown on pink) was cut with a guillotine and mounted directly onto a 12 cm square white card base with double sided adhesive.






Next two other papers were trimmed to size and torn around the edges to approximate size.  Their edges were then coloured with a lime green alcohol pen. These were assembled onto the base with foam pads.






The flower was made with die-cuts which were glittered and layered with a small lime green brad.  The petals were shaped with fingers to give a bit of dimension.





The main image (Paper Artsy) was stamped in Memento onyx black onto white cardstock, trimmed and then coloured with alcohol ink markers to reflect the colours in the papers.  This final layer was added as shown with more foam pads.

Sid xx


Pin It

Monday, July 01, 2013

Baby Quilt




I have wanted to do some quilting for a long time, so recently I got myself together and made this little quilt as a cot quilt for a friend who has just been blessed by having a baby girl.

This crafty activity made me realise just how important accuracy in measuring, cutting and sewing is when making a quilt.  It certainly was a learning curve but very enjoyable too !





I have kept it simple with just squares quilted on the diagonal.  The back is plain pink cotton and all was sewn by machine.

I have more in mind and have already bought some striped cottons in readiness.

Sid xx

Pin It
Related Posts with Thumbnails