Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Here is a little Dragonfly ATC I made for a swap. I used torn bookpaper on the background which was coloured with cut 'n' dry foam and Memento inks in bahama blue and bamboo leaves helped along with a little crushed olive Distress ink too.
The dragonfly stamp (Artistic Stamper) was stamped in onyx black Versafine and coloured with Marvey le Plume II pens, cut out and applied onto the background. The eye stamp (Stamp in the Hand) was stamped three times also in onyx black and the little bird (?) was stamped several times with the Memento bahama blue. Highlights were added with a white opaque pen and the letters (K&Co). I added a Sizzix die cut corner cut from green paper to finish.
Sid xx Pin It
Sunday, April 25, 2010
The plate was stamped on white card with a fern stamp (Paperartsy) several times with onyx black Versafine and with Memento cottage ivy ink. The background was coloured direct to paper with ColorBox chalk inks in tangerine, orchid pastel and amber clay A swirl stamp (Wendie Rhodes) was also stamped with lilac posies Memento ink. A punched bird (Martha Stewart) was made using the stripey paper and applied before matting onto more of the stripey paper. A small self adhesive sentiment was added.
The plate was adhered on foam pads and some green gems added. A piece of florists wire was then attached at the top of the tag to finish.
Sid xx Pin It
Saturday, April 24, 2010
I managed to use all five of the ingredients. I first made the background out of a piece of brown backing card and cut it to a 4 x 4 inch square. I then applied Gesso roughly and stamped into this with a Klimt swirl stamp (?). Once dry I coloured the background with brushes and Adirondack dye ink in lettuce and eggplant. I used Memento angel pink dye ink for the pink in the background. Once happy with the overall effect I selected a flower stamp from Tuscan Rose and inked this with lettuce Adirondack ink and stamped on two corners of the background, providing a subtle image over the background.
For the embellishment I again stamped the floral image onto white card but this time in Versafine onyz black and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder before cutting out. I hand coloured the daisies with Marvey Le Plume II pens in appropriate colours as shown. This was later adhered on foam pads to raise the image a bit. I then mounted the background plate on two card mats, one in lavender and one in french pink.
The black vine embellishment was made out of die-cut bike tyre rubber by a crafting friend of mine Lorraine and was given to me as a RAK some while ago. I knew I would get the opportunity to use it sometime and this was just that opportunity ! It was adhered carefully as shown with Glossy Accents. The beauty of using rubber in this way is that it's flexible and can be easily curved as desired.
The 'ma cherie' was stamped directly using more Versafine ink and a polymer stamp from Sizzix.
Finishing touches were added by punching 2 holes at the bottom and knotting through two pieces of thin lilac grosgrain ribbon.
Sid xx Pin It
Sunday, April 18, 2010
- A Face
The base tag was cut from white card and the stamp of a ladies face (Cherry Pie) was stamped first with onyx black Versafine ink. I love this stamp ! The image was coloured lightly with Marvey Le Plume II pens.
The same stamp was then stamped repeatedly in lemon yellow, ultramarine, peony purple and lavender Impress ink to form the leafy layer and this was trimmed out.
Next I cut out some flowers with a Martha Stewart punch out of an old M&S cake box and coloured this with more peony purple Impress before embellishing with purple self adhesive gems and sticking in place with glue dots. Another gem was applied in the ladies hair.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
- A stamped image of a face
I cut the basic tag from white cardstock and adhered a torn page from an old book at the bottom. I then applied pumice stone Distress Ink to the top of the tag and around the lower edges with cut'n'dry foam. I then stamped onto the background with a music stamp (?) in crushed olive Distress Ink.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
It's been simply ages since I posted, somehow life got in the way ! This little number is my homage to Spring in that it makes me feel brighter and the sun is actually shining outside today.
I have had the mini canvas (2.75 x 2.75 ins) in my hands so many times and have never done anything with it to date. I used tissue paper, stamped images and napkins for the background, all adhered and held in place with Matt Mod Podge.
I had been sent a very lovely paper napkin as a RAK and tore the edges (which contained images of cherries) and adhered these with the Mod Podge and a soft brush. I then stamped some text onto pale pink tissue paper with Versafine vintage sepia ink, again tore this and adhered several pieces across the canvas using the same method. I finished off by stamping an image (free coverstamp from Craft Stamper Mag) with Cherry Red Stazon onto pink tissue and applied this as before. I left one or two bits of the canvas showing through too.