>

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Clowns - Love 'em or hate 'em


Circus Clowns are one of those weird things that you either love or hate. Most of us have childhood memories of the circus and my own memories (being brought up as a kid in Blackpool & The Tower Circus) were that I was petrified of them. They always managed to put the fear of God in me for whatever reason.

With that in mind I recently bought a set of 'build a clown' acrylic stamps (Basic Grey) and as part of my monthly swap with Diane over in the USA we decided to do a Triptych ATC this month, hence the inspiration for this one.

I started off with pale blue base card and cut two ATC sized pieces. I then cut the arch shape freehand across both bases and cut the top ATC in half lengthwise to make the 'doors'. The front panels were made from a background I had made previously with mica sprays. I used a polka dot stamp from Tanda to stamp the dots on the fronts and the insides in vintage sepia Versafine ink. The flowers on the bottom of the fronts was a border stamp (?) inked first with black cherry Stazon ink. The clown stamps were inked with onyx black Versafine and the clown was built. The words were stamped similarly on the inside right 'door'.



I then used Nick Bantock inks in cerulean blue, prussian blue and damson plum applied with cut'n'dry foam to colour the inside of the card. The clown itself was coloured with Copics and a flower stamp was inked with prussian blue and stamped around the clown.

Next the hardware was added. I used two brass hinges and attached the doors with eyelets applied with the crop-a-dile. The door knobs are two brass effect brads.




Final touches were added with Stickles glitter glue in crystal and diamond.



Hope that Diane likes my little Triptych (even though she might hate clowns !).

Sid xx

Pin It

15 comments:

  1. I love clowns............fab ATC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab triptrych Sid.....and i HATE clowns! Have you read Stephen King's 'IT'? chilling lol
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never liked the circus as a child, but I love circus imagery. Your clown triptych is really cool, Sid, and I am very impressed that you cut the arches freehand. I always think sizzix is missing a trick by not making dies for fancy ATC shapes like houses, arches etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont like clowns but I love your arch triptych..like those hinges

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like clowns, always saw them at the circus every Christmas at Olympia.. that ages me ..lol
    Love the triptych
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh...how ultra cool is this ATC??? Wow...it is VERY inspiring!!! Great job...especially considering your old fear of clowns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sid, I look forward to seeing your work, you always amaze, your creativity never slows down. Not liking clowns either, I adore your ATC triptych. Nothing scary about it. I would give anything to see your studio. I think you have everything on the market and you use it all. Awesome. jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab clown image

    I can take them or leave them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great triptrych.

    I HATE clowns...they are scary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't say I love or hate clowns ... but I love this triptych - amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't hate clowns - love this! What a great idea for an ATC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this....loathe clowns LOL Fab Triptych tho....seeing a different take on an ATC is inspiring! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooo what fun - just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's true that many people hate clowns, but I think this one and what you did with it is fantastic !
    isax

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello to a fellow Lancastrian(I now live in Essex)_...yeah!!!

    I loved clowns as a child and i love your card, its fabbo!

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...