>

Friday, August 28, 2009

Nature Card


Here is a rather grungy card I have entitled 'Nature'. I am on a spray background kick at the moment so the base card started off pale green. I then mixed some mica sprays in green, blue and copper using Cosmic Shimmer mica pigments and sprayed until the desired effect was achieved (drying between sprayings). The main stamp is from PaperArtsy and was stamped once as a mask and the second time on the sprayed background in vintage sepia Versafine ink. The mask was positioned over the original image and the foliage stamp (unknown) inked in cosmic copper Brilliance ink and stamped a few times over the mask to afford background around the main image but not into it. The image was hand painted with Adirondack inks in lettuce and cranberry applied with a waterbrush. The text (PaperArtsy) was stamped as shown in onyz black Versafine.





The flower embellishment is a mulberry flower from Hero Arts which I have coloured with dark pink ink and cosmic copper Brilliance. This was stuck in place as shown and a metal flower embellishment from Making Memories was applied in its centre.


The ribbon of plain light green grosgrain has also been stamped with the Brilliance cosmic copper before threading through a buckle from MM and sticking in place.



The whole card is a bit moody, but I wanted it to be that way. Hope you like it.


Sid xxx

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Like it? I love it ... that flower looks totally fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Sid, love the background xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card - I must get my spraying booth used and this has spurred me on to do so. Thanks Sid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Sid, love everything about it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely ATC Sid,love the shimmeryness...is that a real word I wonder LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like this! spray backgrounds are so fun.. have you tried alcohol inks in a mini mister yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love this one! Just up my street.

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the combo of the subtle colour shades - and the flower is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great Sid - like the metal effect on the card - it lifts the background colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really soft and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...