>

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mini Altered Book


Altered books are a lovely thing to create. This one is part of a swap run by Dansmum (Hazel) on the UK Stampers Forum. She sent each of the swappers two pieces of clear polypropylene to use as covers. They were approx 5 x 3 inches in size.

Materials:

  • Jacquard Lumiere acrylic paint (pearl blue)
  • Stazon (imperial purple)
  • Gold metallic spray (Sticky Fingers)
  • Decorative self adhesive ribbon
  • Satin Ribbon
  • White rub-ons
  • Blue mulberry paper

I painted the covers on both sides with two coats of Jacquard Lumiere paint in pearl blue, allowing the paint to dry between coats. I then used a starburst stamp and stamped randomly with Stazon in imperial purple on both the front and the back covers. I used the Sticky Fingers gold metallic spray to then spray over the covers lightly and allowed this to dry. I applied the self adhesive ribbon top and bottom of the front cover and finished with a flourish rub-on and the word 'Art' on the front.

The handmade paper was cut to size and two holes were punched with the Cropadile. The book was held together with two pieces of light purple satin ribbon, tied into bows.

Hope you like it:-)

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. please to explain "altered". You have created something new here, I get that, but what was altered. I thought it had to be something that already was something else then changed to be considered altered. I like your work very much I am just a little confused. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours you have used Sid :0)
    All the best for 2009!
    **Hugs** Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi anonymous, the covers were totally altered from their original state. They started off as undecorated and were 'altered' by decorating them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...not sure these would be classified as altered, as they are brand new. Altered is defined as taking something used and giving it a new purpose. Example..take a hardbound/or paperbound book and "alter" it by making it into something else.

    I have never ran across something new being used and accepted as "altered".

    All in all...very pretty though I don't care for the hot pink ribbon. I would have used a very dark purple. Not a color that scream look at me. Just my personal opinion though.

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...